Sunday, April 8, 2012

RAIN SONG


It’s raining after a long summer
I can hear the sweet sound of drops of water touching the ground
And smell of water-kissed-earth brings the old memory profound
It reminds me of the rainy days long ago, when I had sailed my handmade paper boats in the stream
Those keep sailing back to me crossing the gap of space and time
I can see my old self dancing in the rain, a barefooted boy on the village road
The feeling of pure joy and freedom
I can see my teenage self sitting beside the pond in front of my home
Counting the ripples in water and thinking about life and freedom


Then I have a fleeting vision of you,
Your feature appeared when raindrops touched lightning 
It was for a moment of bliss, enough to sustain a whole life
I wonder whether your hand still seeks mine when it thunders
Is it raining there and you still singing the rain song
And your smile still lending colours to rainbow
It’s raining after a long summer and I want it to stay that way

No comments:

Post a Comment