Saturday, August 30, 2014

Dilemma

What should I write about, whom should I write about

About the tomato vendor who is counting the day’s earning
Or the motorcycles standing in attention
Clothes hanging on the line, fighting with each other
And become silent as the rain approaches, waiting for their respective owners
Unperturbed to the world around him, the drunkard sleeping on the road

Or shall I write about the immersion procession for the elephant God
A madman joins the celebration and starts dancing his unsynchronized steps
Which may have been adorable if he were a child but now he is just butt of jokes

Perhaps time remains same, but how our perception changes over years

He continues to dance and beg for food from the kind-hearted souls
Who have come to bid farewell to their favorite God
Nothing comes to his hand except emptiness which silently hangs in air
The tomato vendor comes and puts some tomatoes in the madman’s hand
And in gratitude he bows his head as if Elephant God has taken incarnation

Or shall I write about the longingness that weighs upon my heart
If I were a poet, would have ordered the clouds to take my message to you
But when cheaper alternatives exist
Why start a conversation through moody clouds


But the dilemma still exists 

No comments:

Post a Comment