Thursday, April 28, 2011

Candle in the Night

I was standing in a field at middle of the night
Don't know who put me there and why
Kept looking for Him with my little light



I swayed right , I swayed left with the blowing wind
Sometimes I stood still and yet in another time I was burning deep
I looked above but most of the times looked within

Then realized , I wasn't standing alone
Billions like me were there and danced  to the tune of time
Once a light went out , there and then , another light came alive

Night was dark indeed , but I kept fighting the darkness
Reason was unknown , yet I kept burning like all others
And it seemed through our lonely fights we were all together

Time was running out and I couldn't find Him nor the reason
But I told the blowing wind to tell the one who comes after me
Not to lose hope but keep searching

The fight will go on between darkness and light
Maybe He will come or the reason will find me
But till the day comes I am proud to be candle in the night

1 comment: