Monday, August 15, 2011

Come as you are

Come as a song when I am afraid to sing
As a hope, when all is lost
As love, to fill the void in heart



Come as a rainbow when I look at the sky
As a gift, when I expect none
As a friend, when I am left alone

Come as a shooting star when I want to make a wish
As a glass of wine, when I sit to write
As the morning star, in my darkest night

Come as peace, after I have fought my war
As a last heartbeat, for a dying man
As a silver moon, gleaming on a stream

Come as a  dream, when I sleep no more
As a vision, when I am confused
As a smile, when tears are dried up

Come as a prayer, when I lose faith
As a imagination, when I am too real
As a idea, when I am afraid to think

Come as freedom, when I am in chains
As a bedtime story, when I am a child
As a walking stick , when I grow too old

Come as unexpected, as a summer rain
As a first kiss or as a last wish
As a red rose on the grave

Come whenever and wherever you like
Come, as you used to be, as a surprise
I will be then and there, as promised

3 comments:

  1. Last paragraph is lovely and I can read the unexpected paragraph over and over again...A red rose on the grave has raised the standard of this poem. Marvelous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the first and last para! Totally, a great writing :)

    ReplyDelete