Sunday, December 19, 2010

Arzoo , Art & Aashayeen

Arzoo

First of all , before I forget I want to wish myself happy birthday . Approximately one hour and
26 minutes ago ,  I officially completed 26 years , though my real birthday is one month ahead.
At these initial minutes  of starting 27 years , i remember '27 club' ( a group of influential 
famous musicians who all died  at the age of 27). The notable musicians who died in this famous
age being  Jim Morrison , Janis  Japlin , Kurt Cobain (lead singer of my my favorite  song 'the
man who sold the world' of band  'Nirvana') and  many more.

Though I am at the alpha point of 27 , I am neither a musician  and nor yet famous.

Art

In the evening, I went to attend an art exhibition. This is  first time I attended something like
and that is  because, a colleague has invited .  I went alongwith  friends , who are in same
league as me when it comes to have an  eye for an art (to be frank, we had no eyes),
though we have enough  eyes for other beautiful things (that was one of the motivation , 
we went to that exhibition)

However , few minutes into the gallery , I was struck by the  realisation how ignorant we
are while it comes to appreciating art.  We were in the midst of paintings by budding
Ravi Verma , Amrita Shergills ,but do not have the understanding for it. It was not a 
problem only for three persons standing there.  It is a problem for current Indian culture ,
where getting a degree  is more important  than getting a dream. Appreciating music &
 art takes backsit in the race for earning a living .

It was more a painful observation ,when most of the beautiful  paintings were from the
brushstrokes of some of our senior officers   & their wives , who found time from their
busy schedule & responsibilities to paint while as youngsters all we did crib for lack of
time & tempo to pursue  our dream

As we did in earlier situations to escape truth , this time again we ran & end up in our usual place

Aashayeen

Nevertheless, I would like to believe that though the realisation  seemed to vanish from
collective consciousness of three individuals,  it is still there in our individual
consciousness . (I am not in a state to define & differentiate between the two)

Presently , I am listening to 'days go by (dirty vegas) ' & 'tujhe bhula diya (anjana anjani)
in a way to celebrate by  midnight sorrow and solitude.

Signing off for now .

3 comments:

  1. Made an exciting read...but then that was expected.
    Just one complaint though.
    Why suddenly the thoughts of death? What about a group that dare to start something @27 if not before?
    And how about us being the first who start such a group, if none exist as of now

    ReplyDelete
  2. "It is a problem for current Indian culture ,
    where getting a degree is more important than getting a dream. Appreciating music &
    art takes backsit in the race for earning a living " nice observation..
    However, the point to be noted is..we dint go to our usual place...we changed the place and went to a place..whre one more art is at display!!!
    is not it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. im trying to be inspired ppd....though not yet made andy...but will

    ReplyDelete