Friday, December 17, 2010

V for Vendetta , P for Potter , C for CAT

Late in night yesterday , when i was preparing my laptop for its night shift duty by copying a torrent
from torrent site, my mobile started singing in a irritated mood.

The clock was smiling at an ungodly angle of 11.45 PM (IST) .

And the person who just disturbed my phone from its well deserved sleep , was from opposite coast
of India ; a city named Mumbai. And the first question I was asked 'Where did you copy it from' .
I was tempted to answer 'piratebay' but somehow  i realised the question was not related to what I
was downloading  at that time. So I retreated to age old cliche ' what are you  talking about' (In the
same tone you answered the invigilator when caught cheating in exam hall).

My question was answered with reiterating the earlier one ,'Where  did you copy it from , the 'about
me' section of your blog . Then I got it & relaxed a bit coming to know that what I was downloading
at that moment is not the matter of discussion.

I was going to tell  that I wrote that section by myself. But I  liked the tone of certainty in question &
as a rule you cannot /  should not lie to persons who know you for so long & so well.

'V' for Vendetta

So here I am confessing that I copied that line from famous dialogue  when the protagonist of the movie
('V' for Vendetta) introduced himself to his lady love . Here the dialogue goes like this:


"V: [Evey pulls out her mace] I can assure you I mean you no harm.

Evey Hammond: Who are you?

V: Who? Who is but the form following the function of what and what I am is a man in a mask.

Evey Hammond: Well I can see that.

V: Of course you can. I'm not questioning your powers of observation I'm merely remarking upon
the paradox of asking a masked man who he is.

Evey Hammond: Oh. Right.

V: But on this most auspicious of nights, permit me then, in lieu of the more commonplace sobriquet, to suggest the character of this  dramatis persona.

V: Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now
vacant, vanished.  However, this valorous visitation of a by-gone vexation,  stands vivified and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin van-guarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition. [carves V into poster on wall]

V: The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta, held as a votive, not  in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. [giggles]

V: Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call  me V.

Evey Hammond: Are you like a crazy person?

V: I am quite sure they will say so. But to whom, might I ask, am I speaking with?

Evey Hammond: I'm Evey.

V: Evey? E-V. Of course you are.

Evey Hammond: What does that mean?

V: It means that I, like God, do not play with dice and I don't believe in coincidences. "

The screenplay was written by , Andy Wachowski & Lana Wachowski  (as The Wachowski Brothers)

For half an hour , we discussed about magnificent words used in the above dialogue remembering the old days when preparation for the  ever eluding CAT was in its prime .
Then at the end , a challenge was thrown that we have to write something in the same line (though we
cannot write in the same league of The Wachowski Brothers ) of letters of our choice.

I choose the letters 'P' & 'C' (lets just say some characters  in my future blogs , may be Mr Potter & Miss CAT) .

In the morning , I searched for my old english notes but could  not find them in the dusty corners of my
room. So in my office  (please don't tell may boss) I sought help from omniscient  'google' for finding
words starting with 'P' & 'C' .

And I have arranged them to best of my ability & time

Introduction of Mr 'P' ( Mr Potter)

Physiognomy of Mr 'P' Points a Peripatetic Person , a Panache as a Paean to Pixillated Proselyte . As a Parnassian ,Procrastinating the eventual Perdition , this Progeny of Panaceist Practices Panaesthetism . A Puerile & Philocalic nature makes him Prone to Philogyny & his  Protean self Pursues Putative Propitiation. By Permitting the Paradox, Peradventure he is a Perpetual Problem and his life is nothing but a Perfect Parachronism

 
To put in more insaner terms , He is like a dog chasing cars . He wouldn't know what to do with one if he catches it.(yes this one I copied from The Joker's (Heath Ledger) dialogue in the movie Dark Knight , go ahead sue me)

Introduction of Ms C ( Ms Cat)

A Coeval of Mr 'P' , she is a Circean Cynosure . Her Candent & Calefacient self , in contrast to her compeers , is a Compendium of Candour & Cardimelech. However she is a Cosmotellurian , a chiraroscuro  in the canvass of life , confined in the Claudent Confusion. She is a Conundrum of Chance & Choice. In short , for Mr 'P' she is the canorous catch-22.

(Someone like ' Ilsa' (Ingrid Bergman) from Casablanca. Here is looking at you kid)

BY THE WAY , I , UNLIKE GOD , PLAY WITH DICES AND BELIEVE IN COINCIDENCES

No comments:

Post a Comment