Wednesday, June 1, 2011

10 things of beauty

This post is for the contest "What does real beauty mean to you?" in Indiblogger sphere with collabration of
Yahoo India and Dove.

I have tried to point out beauty of 10 human virtues/qualities /emotions ( through some of the historical figures and events arranged in a chronological timeline to the extent possible.

The characters , events and emotions are :
1. Sri Krishna , Mahabharat War , Spirituality    
2. Socrates  , Knowledge (Philosophy)
3. King Leonidas and 300 spartans in battle of thermopayle, Courage
4. Omar Khayyam (author of rubiyat) , Poetry 
5. Michelango (Sistine Chapel) , Art 
6. Beethoven playing ninth symphony , Music
7. Florence Nightingale in Crimean War , Empathy
8. Roebling Couple (Builder of Brooklyn bridge) , human spirit 
9. Mahatma Gandhi , non-violence & unity
10. Love


One day , master of my world told me to travel to far end of universe
And to find whether children of men are as beautiful as the maker claims
I roamed beyond the realm of light to find new world named earth and my search began then and there






A person shining liking a ten thousand suns , standing on a chariot, in the surrounding darkness of war
He proposed that true enlightenment is beyond this ephemeral world
With that , I understood the real beauty of spirituality

In a land called Athens , a old philosopher refused to escape the prison and drank poison
His sacrifice is a purifying remedy to the land's misfortunes
I can see beginning of new era and real beauty of Knowledge

Then I heard the roar of few hundred men fighting a million in the land of thermopyale
Who are they , for what they fought I did not know
But I can sense the real beauty in their courage

I came to the land of sand , where a man started to write song of life
About wine , love and paradise that will not come
I was glad to have real beauty of poetry

For four earthly years , I watched the artist painting the image of creation in a chapel
I can see the joy in his eye the day his job was finished
I understood the real beauty in art

I heard  a round of applause and saw the music maker who cannot hear the sound of appreciation
Then he turned back and saw thousand people clapping for him , drops of tears rolled down from his eyes
I knew that music is real beauty

There was a war going on , dying people screaming for redemption
And lady with the lamp came as there salvation , an angel in human form
In those solitary nights , she reminded me the real beauty of empathy

A crippled man lying on bed was instructing his sweet wife to build a bridge as it was his father's dream
Everybody told them to stop but the couple did not give in
And the day she walked on the completed bridge , I understood the real beauty of human spirit

I went back to the land from where my search had began ,
An old man leading his followers in a impossible fight by not fighting
I saw the beauty in their unity

After all this knowledge , I still was missing something
Then I realized I have to return to be with the person I Meant to be
And after all these years I understood the real beauty of love


3 comments:

  1. Lovely indeed! Different and rare to read stuff. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing ppd..really excellent one...kep it up..

    ReplyDelete