Thursday, March 31, 2011

Cricket , A religion , A revolution

Fewdays back when I was preparing for some Interviews , I was reading about recent uprising in
arab countries and the cause behind it , hoping that in the interview I will be asked about same.
I did read about Psychology (Pluralistic igonrance ) , Economy ( inflation , unemployment) ,
technology (facebook , internet) of modern revolution. And I was thinking I had quite grasp
about it

But today evening , after India'as semifinal win over Pakistan , when four of us went to hang out in the beach , my understanding got a quiet beating. There were thousands of people cheering for India. It is
a weekday , most of them has to wake up early in the morning got to school , office , have to cook etc.
There was no reason behind standing there at the middle of the night. All are strangers , nobody fixed a
time to gather there , no pamplets , no SMSes , facebook messages but everybody was there. It was
like a string attched to everyone bringing them together to that place

How come a win in silly game of longitudinal wood stick making love with spherical ball can attract
thousands of people of all ages , religions , regions into the sleepy beach of vizag in middle of
night was incomprehensible to me.

Then , like a lightening a idea came to mind. Like love there is no reason for revolution . It has to
happen so it happens , there is no reason behind it.

In the end , I am hoping for final win so that again I will be part of small revolution in saturday evening
at Vizag beach

No comments:

Post a Comment