Tuesday, March 8, 2011

An Ode to Mystery called Women

The following is dedicated to all those women without whom our existence has no meaning

HAPPY WOMEN'S DAY

First time when I opened my eyes and saw so many strangers around
In those unaccustomed body, I was afraid and started crying
Then I could me feel His presence beside me
Someone was there to protect me as He has earlier promised




She took me in her arms and hold me close to her heart
I was not afraid anymore and I knew God is there
It felt like heaven, when she whispered those words
That I am her star, the light of her world

She was the warmth that comforted me in the cold night
An omnipresent protector, my guiding light
Her voice has the resemblance with that I had heard before (I was born)
And when I learn to utter my first words , I called her my mother

There came another day, when God sent another angel
To assist me in my childhood adventure
She was my secret keeper, my shield from any punishment
My punch bag when I was angry and best friend for merriment

Whether I play in dirt with marbles or miss school to catch fish
She was there everytime, my partner in crime
I forgot the number of times I have hurt her
But she forgave me and called me her brother

I grew up to became a rebel, as usually everbody does when they grow up
With those teenage confusions, I started reconstructing the world
Then one day I saw her, the most beautiful dream I had ever dreamt
The end of all those early confusions

She had those beautiful eyes which can look deep into your soul
And her face was like a joyous melody, which makes you happy
She became my best friend and later consented to be my wife
She vowed to save me all through my life and kept her promise

After some years I got another lucky charm from above
It felt like God to have created such a beautiful life
When I hold her first time in my arms, and she gave me a toothless smile
I knew I was so lucky to be alive

I taught her to walk and ride her first bicycle
I used to tell her all the made up ‘prince and princess’ stories
And when she grew up to be the finest person I have ever known
I felt proud that she was my daughter

And today when Time has come for me to return
I know the reason I was born
So that I can understand love in its various form
Here in this world, those forms are named as women


1 comment:

  1. amazing ppd..amazing
    am really amazed with this piece of writing:)

    ReplyDelete