Thursday, March 17, 2011

It 's just another day in office

It 's just another day in office
Conditioned environment controlling every emotion, action and air I breathe
Seconds turning into minutes and minutes into hour
And I keep looking into endless horizon searching for an answer




There comes a brown kite and fly by the glass wall
It gives a new hope to my restless heart
The movemnet in the warm summer afternoon was magical
And before I knew , was lost in its flight and was its part

Now I can feel the hot sun over my head and dizzy height if I fall
And can see the hundred chained souls working behind the concrete shelter
For a moment I fear that they will see me , flying away
But they are too busy to notice , lost in their own survival

I see the the whole city and life moving into the randomness
A maze without any beginning and without any end
I can hear the buildings gossiping with the surrounding trees
And roads complaining to the passing by vehicles

A small child clutching into ice-cream smiles and waves
An old man, from the shadow of umbrella looks and sighs
And all other people are too busy in their life to take notice
and fail to understand that they can also be free

As I approach a tree to give my wings a little rest
All the birds fly away and other habitants run to hide
I sit on a branch under the cool shed and feel a calmness that had eluded me for long
Seeing me lost in myself , a bold squirrel ventures out singing its usual lazy afternoon song

It is a wake up call to join the war and to forego peace
I fly back to concrete shelter into my body which I had earlier left
Into the randomness from rhythm, to chaos from silence
Its just another day in Office and I wait for that brown kite to fly by

2 comments:

  1. profound , deep and well penned! quite a thinker and observer u seem to be! :)
    but d thing is...how do u manage to see all this sitting in ur office..boss ko pata chal gaya to? :P


    sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely lines!!
    its amazing how a mundane day at work can sometimes make our minds wander into the realms of reality and perceive it like we have never done before...i loved it :)

    ReplyDelete